It’s a chore not many of us enjoy, but once we get started,
watch out! The freshness a clean home
brings is the perfect start to a new season. Where to start? How
about delegating certain spots for your family members to tackle!
1. Empty the refrigerator and wash the shelves &
drawers. Don’t forget to wipe down the top of the fridge and if possible, move
it away from the wall & get behind there too!
2. Tackle that oven and stove top. Use a recommended cleaner for the type of
appliance you have. Remove the burners
& knobs! You know that
stove vent filter? Run it through the
3. Boil water/lemon
juice mixture in a microwave-safe bowl & wipe down the interior of the
4. Empty out the lazy
susan and cupboards. Throw away any
outdated items. Wipe down the shelves.
1. Flip or turn bed mattresses. Wash all bedding, including mattress pads, bed
skirts and comforters.
2. Wash bedroom
windows. Toss the curtains in the wash
over-crowded closets by tossing any clothes that haven’t been worn in a while. Switch
out seasonal clothing.
fixtures: any light bulbs need
2. Ceiling fans: use a feather duster to get the top of the
3. Windows: inside/outside need washing. Let the sun in!
screens: if you took them off last fall,
get them back in for upcoming warm weather!
5. Back deck: give it a good sweep and then wash down with
a power washer. Plan on
staining/painting, if needed.
6. Garage: often overlooked, but this “room” needs a
good cleaning too! Sweep, windows,
reorganize … you’ll be glad you did.
Of course, there is always something that needs
attention. Change air filters, battery
dependent smoke detectors, fingerprints … it’s the joy of homeownership!
Next … outdoor yard!
Finding it too much
to keep up on your home?
Signature Real Estate Services for a free market analysis for the value of your